1) Obviously, it helps me hear better. With my hearing aid, my hearing is not perfect, but it is definitely better.
2) I can decorate it with different stickers.
3) I can choose the color and design of my ear mold. I currently sport a blue and white ear mold.
4) Whenever I want to escape irritating noise, I can turn off my hearing aid or press a button to block out the noise. It acts as an instant ear plug. I do this often when I have to sit in on a horrible school band or sit in a noisy school cafeteria.
5) It can be a conversation starter. "Are you deaf?" "What is that thing in your ear?" "Are those stickers?"
6) I think it looks cute. Like a little plastic shrimp.
7) It helps others be more aware that I have trouble hearing, especially since it is more visible now with the blue and white ear mold.
What do you like about your hearing aid?
*BTE - Behind-The-Ear